To Our Valued Clients,
Our top priority is to provide exceptional care to our patients while safeguarding our staff, our clients, and our community. We continue to maintain our regular business hours and we are available to see you and your pets for veterinary health care services.
We have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and want to notify you of changes we are making for the welfare of our staff, clients and patients. We have taken great care to implement safeguards to help reduce the spread of this virus.
- The doors to the hospital will be closed to the public.
- Visitors must call the clinic and follow the instructions of our staff.
- We will not be performing fit-n-fury and birthday exams until further advised.
- We will not provide change for cash payments. We will apply these amounts as a credit on your account to be used as payment for future transactions.
- We encourage the use of contactless payments:
- We will continue to accept Visa and Mastercard by phone.
- Interac e-Transfer can be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have added Interac e-Transfer plus Amex, debit, PayPal, Visa and Mastercard via our online PayPal forms:
- A copy of our admittance and discharge instructions and patient history forms will be sent to you before the scheduled appointment.
- Please remain in your vehicle and call us when you arrive in the parking lot.
- We will assess your Covid-19 risk through our online Covid-19 screening form and the “patient screening pathway”.
- When we are ready, we will advise you to bring your pet from your vehicle to the clinic door. All dogs must be on a leash, and cats and pocket pets must be in carriers.
- We provide contactless curb-side appointments as our preferred approach with all communication and payments being performed over the phone.
- In-clinic client visits will be accommodated on an individual basis and will be based on the above client screening criteria and as well as the needs of the patient.
- You will be emailed a copy of the invoice including home notes.
- Payment will be taken over the phone, via Interac e-Transfer, or online.
- Any medication or items to be picked up will be given in a plastic bag at the time of discharge.
- We will call you when we are ready for discharge at which time you will collect your pet outside of the clinic.
Food, inventory and medication pickup:
- All items can be ordered over the phone or purchased using our online shop https://shop.avonleaanimalhospital.ca
- For pickup, we will bring the items to you outside the clinic.
We have been in constant contact with the suppliers and manufacturers responsible for ensuring our hospitals have a sufficient supply of veterinary diets and over-the-counter products, and we do not anticipate any disruption to this supply. However, instances of buying large quantities of these products have strained the supply chain. We respectfully request that our clients limit their purchases of these products to immediate need plus one month’s supply to ensure all clients and patients have access to these products.
Our goal is to keep our essential services available to the communities we serve and to be there for you and your pets. Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part in helping to keep pets and people safe. Please do not hesitate to call with questions. We anticipate our phone lines will be busier than usual and we thank you in advance for your patience!
Our new hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday: 9a-7p
- Tuesday: 9a-7p
- Wednesday: 9a-7p
- Thursday: 9a-7p
- Friday: 9a-7p
- Saturday: 9a-3p
- Sunday: closed
Please call us if you have questions or to schedule an appointment.